Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentines Day!

I couldn't believe how many posts on Facebook I saw that had most of all of my friends with bitter thoughts about Valentines Day. Needless to say, I took a step back and really, really humbled myself, because a single person I was, not so long ago, and the feelings of this holiday made me very, very jealous. I have realized and later leanred that Valentines Day is not only about lovers and mates, it is so much more, it's the day we celebrate LOVE.

Do you remember running down to Target or the grocery store right near the end of January beginning February and asking your mom or dad if you could by the card set of 30 with some lolipops to give to friends and famliy for Valentines Day? Remember these?

Well, I do, and did! I was so excited to stick the lolipops through the cards and hand them to friends around the neighborhood, or my cousins, and so forth. They were just so much fun! and the looks on everyone's faces, made me feel so loved just to see that they appreciated their card and candy :) Getting them back was even more fun too.

Havea and I celebrated our Valentines Day that Saturday. We went to one our most favorite and very affordable Mexican Restaurants and followed by a movie. It was a yes, oh-so-typical date, but it was nice to have time together and reconnect with a lot of things. Sometimes just those few hours can make all the difference for you and your spouse, or even a loved one or friend. Just spending time and being reminded that you can celebrate the people you have in your life and love, is something that I treasure and LOVE about Valentines Day. It's the day to remember to Love, sad we need such a day to remember, when we should be showing extra special love, EVERYDAY of the year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment