Thursday, December 27, 2012

Almost Over... Recap!

My goodness how time has flown! It's so interesting to see the days pass by so fast, when you've been waiting for these splendid holidays all year long. As I reflect on everything that has happened in the last year, I'm grateful to say that I am alive, well and blessed. It's truly a blessing to have a wonderful supportive husband and for having a healthy beautiful daughter. SO much will/is/has been happening, and I'm grateful for the footsteps of progression we are taking as a family.

Havea is working full time on Camp Pendleton, and will be thinking about starting school in the Summer Semester, not only will be thinking about school, Zoee and Mommy are registered for a Mommy and Me Pre-school class that will take place in a couple of weeks. I'm really excited about this, especially for Zoee because I know that as active as she is, the interaction she will receive being around more kids, having a fun set playtime each week will help her, especially with the energy level she possesses; it's truly crazy! She is a little active firecracker, and I just can't believe that she is ONE! Although you'll never know that because she keeps telling you she's TWO! Silly girl! :0) This year will also be a big step, as I will be going back to school and have been accepted into BYU-I Pathway Program. Working on finishing my Bachelors Degree and I'm excited to finally be completing that. I know it will be a great year, this coming 2013, and just as great as this last year 2012 was. We have so much to be thankful for.

January 2012: Zoee 5 months

Jane turned 24 and Havea, Jane and little Zoee moved in with Papa and Grandma and have been loving  spending the time. Zoee has truly developed such a close relationship and has truly loved being around her Aunties, Uncles, Grandpa Rowe and Papa and Grandma Kanahele. She loves every minute of it!

February 2012: Zoee 6 months

Whitney turned 22 and returned to our family, and it has been a great year having her reunited with us. I have truly missed her, and missed having her as my full-time sister, and feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to reconnect with her. She moved back in with our family and Zoee has created such a special and strong bond with her, as have I. I'm grateful for my sister and for all that she does to help me out with Zoee, I have been blessed to see her progress, and have her a part of my life. Although the years were long being apart, having her back home this last year has almost seemed like the time spent away from each other never happened, and that's how I know SISTERS will ALWAYS BE SISTERS!

March 2012: Zoee 7 months

Papa had a birthday shout hooray! Celebrated dad's 49th birthday! WOW! Getting excited because our family plans to go to Hawaii in 2013 for Dad's 50th and the PCC 50th Anniversary! Havea and I found out that we were pregnant with our 2nd baby this month and were excited as we were about 5 weeks along. Zoee alsot started pulling herself up and walking along the furniture, well more like skipping and running along the furniture. At the end of this month she started WALKING!!!

April 2012: Zoee 8 months

Easter! Easter was a blessed year, it was beautiful to know that we had our Zoee to spend this beautiful holiday with us. It was also a 1 year mark since Havea received his Patriarchal Blessing and we were able to spend time with one of our favorite families, the Amicks! :) We also had found out that our baby #2 was going to be going back to Heavenly Father, as He needed our baby's spirit something more. We were really sad, and some days, I'm still sad about the fact, however, Heavenly Father has a better plan. This really couldn't have happened at a more perfect time, being that we have the celebration of Easter, the atonement and the resurrection as reminders this month. We were able to meet with our cousins Felila and Albert and enjoy a date night spent going to the temple. We enjoyed our time and feeling peace.

May 2012: Zoee 9 months

Havea turned 24! He's only a couple of months behind me, but we enjoyed his birthday doing what he loves, eating and watching movies! :0) So we were grateful for a wonderful date night, Zoee and I treated him to dinner and then mommy was able to steal him the next night for a more intimate occasion :0) Thank you DatingDivas, I used some of your tips and was able to get my husband on board with your ideas. Earlier this month, Zoee was able to meet for the first time her Grandpa Tu'ulau. He flew in from Texas for a short visit, but we were able to meet up with him for a short time and he was able to meet his first grandchild.

June 2012: Zoee 10 months

Joseph turned 21! Yes, the big 2-1! He is now technically and ALL legal! It was a great start of Summer. We also started the Catamaran Summer Luau performances and were excited to see all that came through.

July 2012: Zoee 11 months

Havea and I celebrated our 2nd year wedding anniversary our 1 year temple sealing anniversary and went to Sea World! We were excited to have some time and just be fun, our age, and goofy! We had a blast walking around watching the shows, however we MISSED OUR ZOEE! Everything reminded us of her and us talking about what kind of reactions she would probably make had she been there with us, although it was a fun filled day and nice night, we were grateful for the time together. Rachel, was home from Hawaii, and we were able to spend her 20th birthday and have fun with her! Towards the end of this month, Zoee was also able to meet her Nana and Grandpa Wallis, along with her Uncle Michael, Havea's mother, step-father and brother.

August 2012:

Zoee turned ONE! We were able to have a beautiful little first party that we held at Hidden Canyon Park and had mexican food with a Dora the Explorer Theme! All her Aunties, Whitney and Rachel and Uncles Joseph, Keenan and Bruce along with Papa and Grandma Kanahele, threw her the most fantastic party ever! She was so lucky and had so much fun, her absolute favorite part was just dancing to the music. She also shares an August birthday with her Uncle Bruce! Uncle Bruce got all the left-overs but we still needed to make him feel special for his 15th Birthday!

September 2012:

The Catamaran Season came to an end, and we were privileged to see our Aunty Gwen be married! We were so happy and excited for her and though she had waited so very long, everything was beautiful, and we were overjoyed in her happiness. Also sad note, Rachel left us again to return to Hawai'i for another semester at BYU-Hawaii. We were so sad to see her leave, but we knew that she would hopefully be back for Christmas. Mom celebrated her birthday and we tried to make it special for her. She always works so hard, and is such a great person, and she deserves the world and more! I love you mom!

October 2012:

Grandpa Rowe celebrated his 90th Birthday! We are so grateful to have him with us and so grateful that he truly is still kicking. Zoee enjoys time with Grandpa and showing him all the things she brings him as well as points to. She talks to him, laughs with him, and sits on his knee, and I know he enjoys her company. This month was also the start of the remodel in our home. It was started to get cold, but we were indeed grateful to have been starting the renovation so that the house would be more livable, it hadn't been changed in over 50+ years.

November 2012:

We still had renovations going on, so our Thanksgiving was sadly spent in the cold on the driveway, but, we were kept warm by the love and joy we had to share it with. It was a beautiful time to spend with family.

December 2012:

Keenan turned 17! Wow he's growing fast! and we were/are moving back in slowly from the renovation. Things are almost about there, but we are happy to finally be eating inside :0) That's the plus side! Christmas was beautiful, simple, and great. We were able to spend it with our stomachs full, fed, and our hearts over joyed and happy to know that we had each other. Zoee was given many beautiful things and I was happy that she had so much fun opening her presents. I'm not going to lie that I truly felt like someone was missing, and that I knew was our second baby who was taken so soon, but I'm grateful for eternal families, I'm grateful for the atonement, and I'm grateful for my Savior.

As you can see, if you've read, this year has been a year of plenty! We have been so blessed, and so well taken care of, that there are simply no great words to describe the gratitude I feel. I have some new year resolutions on how to improve myself, my spirituality and hopefully, I will be able to do things better and right this next year.

Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me, my family and us with a wonderful year! May we make you more proud in the next!


No comments:

Post a Comment