Monday, June 24, 2013

Hope in the Journey..



When I saw this picture, I thought to myself, TOTALLY ME! And even my husband and people who know me, know that I'm always fascinated with the finish line and don't really like the journey, and don't like seeing it! It's not that it's because it's hard, it's because something psychologically tells me that I need to hurry, to do it fast, to be the best! Kind of like a competitive conscience I can't seem to turn off! It's funny cause I'm not very competitive at all. Anyway, I don't delight in the journey. It really is like with everything, I don't really care for road-trips because I have alway thought them boring, too long to get somewhere that can possibly take a shorter time with another route, i.e. plane! I'd rather sit in a plane for 1 1/2 hours to Utah then drive the 9-10 hrs in a car. WEIRD and SELFISH this may sound, I know! But all in all, maybe it's because I have always viewed life like that; I always DREAM. 

Dreaming is good, and I highly encourage dreaming! Dreaming expands your mind to new dimensions, new possibilities, ideas and creativity! It's a beautiful process that I seriously treasure, dreaming is my journey, yet I need to come down to reality and know that my dreams in that instant are not real, yet, how do I make these things real? That is truly enjoying each moment inspired, through the difficult decisions, the manual labor, the sleepless nights, the integrity, the mocking/laughing, the sweat, the memorization, the pressure, and seeing at that finish line, how much of a diamond you've become. 

I have the Zillow Apps on my phone, and I created a query to tell me when new homes in a certain area have popped up and let me know the price and info for contact and such to rent and or buy. Havea and I are in NO POSITION yet to buy a home, but to see that physically, knowing my dream, to own a home, I know it will happen someday. So how is it that I can go about building my dreams? 

Well, we, Havea and I, are attending school through BYU-Idahos, Pathway Program. I will be working towards my bachelors degree and my husband will be working towards his Associates first. This is how we are going to get our dream home, by getting an education! This road we are starting our journey on this year, is going to be very rough, very challenging, and very hard, but I know that we can do it, and I know this "road-trip" is worth it, every cent put into it, every mile driven through it! We are on our way to success, and on our way to change our lives, the lives of our children, and future posterity. I'm so grateful for this inspired program and for the way in which the Gospel, yet again has provided opportunities to help sustain us members, to help provide opportunities for growth, for improvement, to help us reach our dreams. 

I'm delighting in this journey, and I'm evermore excited because my husband and I will be doing it together-hand in hand, one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment