Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Father Of My Children

Alarm goes off, snooze button pushed. I lie in bed with eyes half opened, wondering what I will make my husband for lunch today. Gratefully, his attitude of gratitude greets me with a "Good Morning Baby" followed by a good morning kiss. The first thing on my mind - like mentioned before - is followed by a verbal question, "Honey, what would you like for lunch today?" He grins and smiles, and says, a couple of PB&J's will do, and maybe a meat sandwich? I smile, and answer, of course. I get out of my warm bed to feel the breeze of coolness resting upon my skin. As the chills creep up my arms, I get the strength to get out of bed and start yet this morning routine. Before I leave our room, I check on Zoee making sure she is warm, only to find as I do every morning, she has kicked all the blankets off of her; she's our hot-blooded little girl. I cover her back up and make my way down the stairs to find the ingredients I need to start making lunches. I pull out my bread, spread on the peanut butter, spread on the jam, gather some meat and bag it, lettuce and bag it, cheese and bag it, and all the sandwiches are prepared. Pack him a crunch snack, his new favorite, wheat thins, the zesty hot salsa flavor, and send him off to work with a prayer and goodbye kiss.

My heart aches most mornings when I, a wife, cannot come up with anything better than a PB&J sandwich for my husband, although other things I suggest to him aren't appetizing to him, and he'd rather take the PB&J, I just feel terrible. Though, day after day, my husband continues to smile, continues to thank me and works hard to provide for our family.


I watched this video, Earthly Father, Heavenly Father. Watching this touched my heart, as I started to contemplate things that my husband thinks about, does, etc. I'm so grateful to him for his hard work, for his love for me, our daughter and our growing family. I have to admit most times, I forget what he goes through, what he thinks about, what he worries about, what he feels, and loose sight of the very man he is. He is truly a wonderful example of Heavenly Father's love, and I feel that every day. Although I know personally that he feel inadequate most times, he is so much stronger and so much like our Father in Heaven then he realizes.

Friday of last week, he decided to take a day off and spend it with us. We were excited to have some time with daddy, and even though when day's off are rare, I always think of things that we can get done, instead of taking moments and creating memories. It is a womanly instinct that I have tried to bridle and tried to set aside when just being together and making memories of fun, love and laughter are  what's most important. So, Friday, we got up early, got ready, and figured we'd grab some loose change or quarters in case we ran into a little ride machine for Zoee. So, with us on our way for our family filled day, we decided to drive through for daddy's favorite breakfast, Hardee's Biscuits! We enjoyed them as we haven't had them in a long while, and the taste of them was worth the cheat! :) Zoee thoroughly enjoyed hers. So happy breakfast. Next we went to Home Depot to look for some things for the yard, as my hubby is in charge of designing and getting the back yard cleaned up and landscaped. We decided to go to a movie but needed to kill some time, so we drove along Palomar Airport Road and decided to go to a park. We asked Siri to search for parks near us, on our iPhones, and it led us to the Leo Carillo Ranch. It was an old hacienda/ranch and had lots of Peacocks. We were so excited! I love going to historical places, and seeing history, feeling history, breathing history. It's amazing! Zoee loved walking the little trail around, seeing the peacocks which she calls "BIG BIRDS". We got some pictures of her, and they were cute! :) She had her Dora the Explorer shirt on, so it fit perfect for where we were :) She felt like she was on an adventure.

After visiting the Ranch, we took a drive to San Marcos and got an ice cream cone! Zoee LOVES ice cream! We got her some strawberry ice cream! and Daddy even won her a bright green ball in the claw machine. She was so excited! We decided to skip the movie, and we then continued on driving. So we went to the mall to the North County Fair mall to get won over by the cute little pets at the pet store. We love walking through the pet store and seeing all the cute little puppies, bunnies and such. There was an Akita we loved seeing so much! So beautiful, such a beautiful dog. She looked at Zoee through the glass and it was like they made a connection. It was beautiful. Sadly, we couldn't take the doggie home, :(( but hopefully one day, we will be able to bring one home to a nice, new yard! :) So, maybe just maybe, I'm thinking about Zoee's 2nd Birthday! We shall see!! :)))

After leaving the mall, we headed out to Dixon Lake in Escondido. It was nice seeing the lake and feeling the peace that lake brought. I had nothing but relaxing thoughts, emotions in me. Zoee played on the little playground and had a great time. We really got her tired for the day. Soon, we left. On our way home, we were driving on the 78 heading west. Right off of the Vista Village Drive Off ramp to the 78 west, Havea spotted a woman broken down on the side of the road. We passed them, and even though I didn't seem them at all, Havea said, "should I turn around and help that woman?" and not that it was a question like the typical "should I?" it was more, like asking me if it was ok? of course I agreed! and we made our way to turn around. We got to the woman, she looked as if she was in her early 70s and she has a little boy with her, probably around the age of 7, his name was Carlos. We later learned her name was Consuelo. Havea got out of the car offering her help. You could tell she was in deep gratitude for his help. Her little grandson Carlos was very excited to see Havea and his stature. I can only imagine myself in that little boy, seeing my husband as Nephi! :)) at least that is what I like to see my husband as! Tall, handsome, strong and wonderful. The jack that this lady had was too tall, so Havea lifted the car, and the little boys eyes got bigger than I've seen a child's get on Christmas day! He was so amazed that Havea was lifting the car, and couldn't believe it. It was a Miracle, and even though I know that my husband is strong, and even though, I know he can accomplish things that require lots of strength, I literally saw him a man of God, and knew that he was being strengthened by the priesthood power.

As he later changed the tire and put the spare on this woman's car, we followed her to a gas station to to put air in her tires. That is what the change we brought came in handy for! See? The Lord inspires us, and if we listen, we are given the opportunities to do His work. The woman came up to me asking me if I spoke spanish, and I sadly said no. But in simple words she said she had no money to pay us, and I wanted to cry, because we did not expect ANYTHING in return, we simply wanted to help. So with my hands, I brought them up to my heart, and said, NO! NO! do not worry, we want to give (motioning from my heart to hers) you this. We do not need anything. The little boy, her grandson translated what I had said, and the woman started crying. My heart went out to her. She was so indeed grateful and called us her angels sent from God. It was seriously the perfect ending to our fun filled day. Ending our family day helping another in need was the best thing that could have happened to our family. Even though Zoee didn't fully understand anything that was going on, someday she will know, and someday she will understand, just how Extraordinary her Father is! I'm so grateful for a man who holds this gift of the Priesthood Power and practices it in every opportunity he is given, in big and small ways. Although he is knew to this, and knew to many things, he is so experienced in knowing how fathers love, how men are to be men, how a son shows his appreciation for His Father in Heaven.

I am married to the most wonderful man!


Leo Carillo Ranch Pool 
Leo Carillo Ranch Side Walk Way up to Ellie's House


Leo Carillo Ranch Main House

Leo Carillo Ranch UnEven Staircase up along the Main House
Zoee Looking at the Main House from the back lawn


Zoee sitting on a Rock Wall

Zoee sitting in the Horse Stables

Zoee wondering why we have to take a picture

She was SO CUTE!

So amazed at the Dirt Road! She felt like she was on Dora!


No comments:

Post a Comment