Saturday, April 6, 2013

As The Clock Turns!

While going through some of my old journals and things, I came across a book that my mother had compiled many years ago for me and my sisters. I believe it was actually a Relief Society Project that she put together years ago, and saw how beautiful and important it was that she decided to make each of us girls (my sisters) one. I have always kept it, and have always known it was there, yet never really went through it. As I continued to turn each page, I notice that I really hadn't done ANYTHING with this journal, and felt that it would be a great project to start, right? I mean it wouldn't hurt to do some family history, or even leave some kind of legacy for my children/posterity, right? So as my desire grew stronger to complete this project, the more I got excited. In all honesty, I feel like it was the spirit telling me that doing this is what I need to do, and for some reason, I feel that if I do not do it now, then a greater portion of my memories will leave me and I will be left with nothing. I continued on looking through the book and realized that this was a journal to be completed in one year, (if could) and that there was a question, or some kind of portion/topic to write about on selected and designated days. I will enclose pictures, and things for any of you readers that would like to join along, or even would like to create your own personal family history journal. 

What is so ironic, is the fact that this journal begins on April 1st and ends on December 31st. To be quite honest? it was April 1st when I found this, and I wanted to start writing right away. As time escaped me, I was even more excited that I had a couple of days left yet to finish Topic Number 1. So here I am, and here it goes. 

I will be creating another blog aside from this one and will post how to start, the topics for each day/date, my own personal entries, etc. If you would like to follow along, comment with your own ideas, or even comment on the topics and apply them to you, please by all means, feel free to do so: 

(I will insert link when blog is made)

The purpose in this is to 

Leave Your Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment